Media and intellectual property
Mergers and acquisitions
Corporate employment matters
Corporate asset recovery
Trial and grand jury representation
Complex financial crimes
Securities and commodities fraud
Health care/false claims
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations
International Emergency Economic Powers Act investigations
Prosecutorial and accounting backgrounds
Small, mid-cap and not-for-profits
Business units of large-cap corporations
Established Credentials in Media and Intellectual Property
Since the firm was founded, we have represented a broad range of media
companies and individual artists who have been defrauded in contractual,
commercial, licensing, royalties, intellectual property and a variety
of other disputes. As a result, we have developed expertise in the
economics and structure of the media industry, as well as the
intellectual property issues it confronts, including those posed by new
and emerging technologies. Given this background, we are adept at
counseling media companies on how to avoid or expeditiously resolve
Our clients have included:
- Major media companies in royalties claims for theatrical and television releases over a multi-decade period.
- A leading media company in connection with a wide variety of
licensing claims arising primarily out of their cable network
- A major media company in connection with the litigation of various
contested partnership agreements to determine ownership and value of
various programming rights.
- Multiple media companies in claims to recover money owed them for
advertising and other contractual commitments, as well as enforcement of
judgments obtained in connection with these actions.
- Major visual artists in connection with establishing their ownership
rights in various works, including enforcement of royalties owed to
them from various media and galleries.
- Artists and managers litigating royalty obligations in the music industry.
- Filmmakers involved with domestic and foreign royalties claims.